Secrets of a Killer Blog Post [Infographic]
These days it doesn’t do to simply write a blog post.
It needs to stand out. Better still, it needs to be epic.
So how do you ensure your blog posts kill? You need to go deep. You need to know where and how to find great ideas and credible sources. Here’s everything you need to know…
Secrets of a Killer Blog Post
Do your research. Include things that make your post more informative and enjoyable:
- Breaking news
- Expert opinions
Don’t forget to:
- Check your facts
- Dig deeper
- Attribute all information used
Research social sites too:
Respect copyright law:
- Never scrape another site’s content for your own site
- Always assume content is copyrighted
- Quote small portions or paraphrase original works, not large portions or the whole thing
How to provide proper attribution:
- Quote: Include the quote in quotation marks, reference the author, and include a link to their site
- Paraphrase: Create strong anchor text for a link back to the original source
- Twitter citation: Include their Twitter handle
- News reference: Credit the original source, not secondary sources
Try a little ego-baiting:
- Create list posts of industry leaders
- Link each to the leader’s website and Twitter handle
- Let them know about the article after it goes live
What Did We Miss?
Add to the list. What are your favorite sources and resources for higher-quality blog posts?
Don’t miss other Crazy Egg articles by Kathryn Aragon