February’s Best: A Dozen Posts for Analytics, Conversion, and Copywriting Rockstars
No excuses — it’s time to take a break and catch up on your reading.
If you’re hungry for reading material but limited on time, don’t worry — we’ve done the searching, filtering, and analyzing for you.
Here are (in one marketer’s opinion), the best of the best conversion optimization, analytics, and copywriting articles from February 2013.
Without further ado, let’s take a look at the February edition of A Dozen Eggs.
1. Why Your Customer Testimonials Are Not Working – Not all customer reviews are created equal. Social proof is powerful, but you need to make sure that you’re communicating value beyond pure confusion (and fluff). Here’s how to get your testimonials to sell.
2. 9 Award Winning A/B and Multivariate Tests – Here’s a roundup of some very cool A/B tests from companies ranging from copywriting services to online colleges and lingerie sales.
3. How to Use Personalized Content and Behavioral Targeting for Improved Conversions - Anyone can broadcast a sales pitch from a megaphone. The real art of conversion optimization is to target prospects on an individual level.
4. How We Increased Lead Form Conversions By 35% (The quick and non-techy way) – From our own blog, this article shows you just how simple it can be to generate ROI from conversion testing. Take a look if you’ve ever been frustrated by conversion optimization and A/B testing.
5. 32 KPIs for Ecommerce - A great checklist for anyone running an eCommerce store.
6. 15 Metrics Every Marketing Manager Should Be Tracking - When you’re ready to venture beyond the basics (traffic and leads), pay attention to this essential bundle. If you’re skilled with data, you’ll love this one.
7. Meaningful SEO Metrics - The title of this article is a bit misleading. Will Critchlow of Distilled discusses more than just marketing metrics in this very transparent article.
8. PPC Pro – You’re Being Replaced – A controversial post from Bryan Eisenberg predicting that 80% of PPC professionals will be replaced by an algorithm in the next 3 years.
9. Excellent Analytics Tip #22: Calculate Return On Analytics Investment! – Avinash Kaushik walks us through the business of calculating the ROI of digital analtyics.
10. The Art of Writing Great Facebook Status Updates – There’s actually a science to writing an awesome Facebook status update. The key components? Brevity,timing, and human interest. Neil Patel shows you how to get the numbers working in your favor.
11. Website Copywriting - 4 Common Sources of Friction and How to Overcome Them - Another great article from Michael Aagard. There are common roadblocks that are stifling your conversions. Here’s how to prevent them.
12. Seven Ways Writers Can Build Online Authority with Google+ – Demian Farnworth lays out the reasons content creators should be paying attention to Google+ and some outstanding methods for building up our presence on Google’s social network.
What’s missing from this list? Share your favorite read in the comments below.