How To Create Infographics: 20+ Resources To Get You Started
Ready to learn how to create amazing infographics that drive links, social shares, and traffic back to your website?
The following are over 20 resources that will get you started creating info graphics including tools, designers, crowdsourcing venues, freelancers, and consultants.
Infographic Design Tools for Template Based Infographics
The following are free and premium tools that allow you to create great infographics based on pre-built templates. Some also offer customized infographic services.
- Piktochart.com – This freemium tool allows you to design infographics based on themes using a drag and drop interface. You can try out their service for free with three basic themes (infographics will have a Piktochart watermark). Pro accounts are $29 monthly or $169 annually – these give you access to over 100 professional themes, more image uploads, and infographics without a watermark.
- Easel.ly – This tool (currently in beta) allows you to create infographics using a drag and drop interface with their selection of themes.
- Infogr.am – This tool allow you to create, share, and discover infographics using pre-designed templates.
- Venngage – Enterprise-level tool that allows you to pick a template, upload data, and share infographic-like reports for analysts who want to communicate data better and executives who want to understand insights faster.
Infographic Design Tools Based on Your Social Graph
Want to create infographics based on information from your social media profiles? These free tools allow you to showcase your social data visually.
- A Picture of My Digital Life – A free tool from Intel to create an infographic based on information from your Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube profiles. Once created, you can download it in JPG format.
- Vizualize.me – A free tool that creates a visual resume based on information from your LinkedIn profile. Your infographic has to be saved under your account, but they do have a PDF export option coming soon.
- Visual.ly – A free tool that creates infographics based on information from your Twitter and Facebook profiles. You can also create an infographic that compares two Twitter users’ stats.
Infographic Design Tools Based on Miscellaneous Information
If you’re a photographer or simply like taking mobile photos, these mobile apps will let you create infographics based on your mobile photography habits.
- InFoto Free – Android app that allows you to create an infographic based on your mobile photo taking habits.
- Photo Stats – iPhone app that allows you to create an infographic based on your mobile photo taking habits.
Need something custom? Check out these infographic designers and services. You can also find more by doing a Google search for infographic designers or looking at your favorite infographics and seeing who is credited for the design.
- Cheap Infographic – Cheap Infographic offers original, unique creations at affordable prices starting at $500.
- Now Sourcing – Now Sourcing offers custom infographic design including interactive infographics.
- Column Five Media – Column Five Media helps clients present editorial, scientific, or marketing information through beautiful and stimulating infographics.
- Infographic World – Infographic World creates cutting edge infographics for major brands like ESPN, Google, Unicef, ESPN, eBay, and more.
- Infogr8 – Infogr8 is a team of designers, journalists, and marketers who provide infographic research, design, and distribution services.
- Lumin Consulting – Lumin Consulting helps with the entire infographic process from conceptualization to marketing and distribution.
- J6 Design – J6 Design helps plan, design, and build great infographics for their customers.
- Mike With Art – Mike With Art is an award winning infographic design group that creates interactive, motion, print, snapshot, and web infographics.
Infographic Crowdsourced Design
Crowdsourcing allows you to get designers to compete for your business which means you will get to see lots of great infographic designs and just have to pay for one.
- 99designs.com – Get designers to compete for your business by hosting a infographic design contest. Just submit a description of what you need and let the designers do the rest. The prizes for an infographic generally start at $299.
- DesignCrowd.com – Post infographic design projects for designers to bid on. Pricing starts at $100.
Infographic Freelancers & Consultants
If you prefer freelancers and contractors for small projects, try these networks for finding people with infographics skills.
- oDesk – Find freelancers and contractors with infographics-related skills.
- Elance – Find contractors with infographics-related skills.
- Freelancer – Find infographic programmers and designers.
What other resources (tools, designers, services, etc) would you recommend to create infographics?
About the Author: Kristi Hines is a freelance writer, blogger, and social media enthusiast. Her blog Kikolani focuses on blog marketing, including social networking strategies and blogging tips. Follow her on Google+.