8 Stunning Facebook Landing Page Designs (And why they work)

One of the best things about Facebook Pages is the ability to have a customized landing tab. This piece of your fan page will be what new visitors to the fan page see, and it can help you increase conversions from your fan page in the form of additional likes.

How is a like on Facebook a conversion, you might ask? According to a recent study, the value of a Facebook fan is about $10 for a brand. And with the largest fan page topping out at 56 million “likes” (Facebook’s own, of course), you can do the math and see why gaining fans for your page is an important acquisition.

Examples Of Landing Tab Usage

The following are examples of Facebook landing tabs from celebrities, brands, and other fan pages that make the top Facebook pages based on number of fans.

There are a number of things you might want a Facebook visitor to do on your Facebook landing page.

Here are examples of beautifully designed landing pages organized by the primary conversion goal for the page.

Like Our Page

One of the top goals for a great landing tab is to get people to like your fan page. Here, Red Bull uses a combination of drawing attention to the Like button with the promise of unveiling hidden video content. It certainly has worked for them and their 24.6 million fans!

Rihanna’s fan page does the same, promising fans of the page exclusive content and fan missions. Once you like the page, you are greeted with a successfully completed mission, video premiere exclusive, and the ability to buy her latest album on iTunes.

This is the perfect way to combine conversion points of gaining new fans, getting them to share your page with their friends using the Post to Wall button, and directing them to purchase your products!

Of course, you don’t have to get fancy. Pringles makes you want to join the page simply to interact on their wall!

Talk about social proof in those status updates with the number of likes and comments, although the dates of the updates suggest they only interact on their wall sporadically.

Make A Purchase

Impulse buys are popular in grocery stores and retail stores alike, so why not on Facebook too? Victoria’s Secret has the perfect last minute gift right on their landing tab. You can buy a gift card for your Facebook friend, right on their page!

Once you’ve customized your gift card, you can have it sent to them via Facebook or Email. The beauty for Victoria’s Secret is that sending it through Facebook will post it on your recipient’s wall. So not only did they make a sale, but they’ll get some advertising on your friend’s personal profile too!

Visit Our Website

iTunes takes the familiarity of their store and puts it right on their Facebook landing tab with every link leading you back to their platform. They also keep some Facebook functionality in by letting you share songs from their top playlists to your Facebook profile.

So maybe if you don’t buy, you might share one of your favorite tunes with your friends and they’ll stop by to make a purchase!

Texas Hold’em Poker is the #2 most popular Facebook page with 54.3 million fans. Their green Play Now button leads you directly to their app where you can play poker on Facebook itself. The addiction factor from there is huge with the ability to play friends and get “collectibles.”

Experience Our Brand

You don’t always have to hide content in order to generate likes. Sometimes you just have to display your brand’s strong points. Coca-Cola highlights their Like button while showing how they help the environment and who wouldn’t fall for cute polar bear cubs? 36.4 million fans certainly have!

Walmart also takes the initiative to turn their landing tab for the holidays to show their charitable ways for nonprofits.

These kinds of displays can actually increase a potential fan’s belief in the brand and thus strengthen the customer’s loyalty.

How To Build Your Own Facebook Landing Tab

Now that you’ve looked at these amazing designs and ways to draw attention to your Like button, products, and/or content, you are probably asking how it is all done. If you want just a simple graphic that leads people to click your Like button to become a fan, that is one thing. If you want hidden content to be revealed or an eCommerce platform on Facebook itself, that is another. The following are some resources you can use to get the kind of Facebook landing tab you need for your brand.

For Do-it-Yourselfers

If you’re ready to tackle a Facebook landing page tab yourself, probably one of the most easy to follow tutorials is the one on SocialMouths on how to build a Facebook landing page with iFrames. This is great for people who are good at image creation and web coding.

Facebook Recommended Vendors & Consultants

Next, you can look into finding a Facebook developer consultant near you to design your customized Facebook solution. You can use the lookup application to find consultants by location (as shown above), browser through a list of vendors, or check out API Developers.

Look at the Credits

While you are perusing different welcome designs on other Facebook pages, check to see if there is a credit to the person or company who developed it. I found this simple contact form (pictured above) on another fan page, went to the developer’s website, and customized my own form within half an hour. You may find easy to work with applications that you can install on your own or a reference to a great developer who can customize something for you.

Quick & Easy Solutions

If you just want to create something nice for your Facebook fan page, but are not ready to dive into developers or coding it yourself, the following sites have easy to customize applications which you can install (in most cases) immediately to your Facebook page for a flat or monthly fee.

• Pagemodo – Pagemodo offers a variety of applications including contact forms, Twitter feed integration, videos, a like gate (hidden content until someone likes your page), and more. Pricing ranges from free for one custom tab on one fan page to $33.25 per month for unlimited tabs on an unlimited number of fan pages.
  • Involver – Involver offers over 20 apps for basic, professional, and enterprise level pages. Pricing ranges from 9 free apps for one page to $2,749 per month for enterprise level solutions.
  • InlineVision – InlineVision currently offers two apps for Facebook – the powerful contact form (great for conversions) and an app for your Twitter feed. The apps can be used for free, or you can purchase a premium version for more customization options. In addition, they also offer designs for your website and a full range of online marketing services.

There are a lot more easy-install application makers out there – these are just the ones I have used before with my own pages or for clients.

What are your favorite Facebook landing tabs and services / developers to create them? Please share your thoughts in the comments!

Kristi Hines is a freelance blogger, ghostwriter, and social media enthusiast. Her blog Kikolani covers blog marketing and blogging tips for personal, professional, and business bloggers.

1. TheArkLady says:

I’ve been experimenting and am about to release a few versions of an app but the one I liked the best during my exploration that was on your was PageModo.

There are companies that now specialize in certain industries doing the same thing (such as MySocialPractice) and that create finely crafted, professional pages.

It will be interesting to see how the options grow.

• Kristi Hines says:

There are a lot of Facebook app developers now – several of them have contacted me after doing this post. :)

2. Great examples.

3. Great examples and inspiration. Thanks for linking to a way to create our own landing pages, as well. I am getting ready to set up a couple of Facebook pages and this is really helpful. I’m ready to tackle iframes!

• Kristi Hines says:

I figured a lot of people would be ready to get started on theirs after seeing the examples, so I thought I’d throw some next steps in! :)

4. Scott Martin says:

Great post. The Red Bull one uses a classic DM graphic: the copy doodle. Ditto Pringles…and others. Including your page!

The ‘tease’ for Rihanna is another DM technique.

Victoria’s Secret provides a full offer. More DM.

So it’s all direct marketing!

5. Michael Currey says:

Wow! I was just saying “I wish our apps would get noticed”… Thanks for mentioning us! (inlineVision)

We have a new app now for quick and easy fangate landing pages too. No code, just two images that are 520×800.

6. Adam Parks says:

Great article! We did our Facebook Landing Page using the FBML app on our page and just linking it to the image we wanted to use. http://fb.brandingarc.com.

7. We created a free HTML/CSS design that fits within the Facebook iFrame if anyone is interested in downloading it. You can find it here: http://braginteractive.com/how-to-add-facebook-iframe-page/

8. Anton Korzhuk says:

Those are great examples of big brands doing FB Tabs, What i would love to see is some examples of smaller brands doing FB Landing Page Tabs. We just did a landing page for our agency and it was hard to find inspiration of smaller brands doing it right!

9. Nice. Really nice collection.

10. helen bogun says:

thanks for sharing
    nice ideas
    makes me now think of flying oranges for mine :)

11. Love the examples Kriti, looks like its back to the drawing board for me. Any recommendation to check for small businesses?

• Hey Aaron – these guys are small business owners who help other small businesses.. They really know customer service and have a pretty awesome facebook page.. check em out :

all of their contact info and url info is on their info tab !

12. Barbara Benham says:

Have you checked out ShortStack? I like their Landing Page templates and services.

• Thanks for mentioning ShortStack. They seem to have a handle on customer engagement and programming. Their blog is really helpful too. I am signing up for my new page (Artecle)!

13. landingpagedesign says:

Those are really good landing page design for Facebook, I done some landing page design for Facebook, check them here http://www.semanticlp.com/category/facebook-fan-page/

14. Abraham Gonzalez says:

I had a question! Can you create these Facebook landing pages using Photoshop or GIMP and add them to an iFrame? I have been told that you can convert these into HTML on photoshop. I am not too familiar or techy yet hehe, I am a beginner at designing and web developing. I am interested in knowing tho. Thanks!

15. Kristi,
    This is great review. It could be great if you would mention products such as HitsAndLeads.com which let users design landing pages on their own.

16. Great post. The Redbull one is so inspiring. They are always at the top of their game as far as social media and what not goes. Do you know where I could find some Facebook Landing Page templates by any chance? The only site I found that had any (http://landingpageu.com) is down right now.

17. Jorge S says:

Great review, but now with the facebook timeline, landing pages doesn´t work, what do you suggest to get more likes, thanks, and once again great post

18. Thanks for a great article and providing some inspiring landing page examples! I now can’t wait to get my landing page turned into something cool…

19. Hi Kristi! I love this and will be sharing it on my Twitter page. It’s a brilliant example of how useful and important a customize FB page it for any business.

20. Denise Rubright says:

This is my first time to you site. The information you provide is invaluable. You are a true inspiration. Thanks Kristi. @deniserubright

21. Thanks for the inspiration. I have been researching some examples of Facebook landing pages so I can see what works. Now I have to just decide whether to design it myself or find a company that can do it without charging me a small fortune. The joys of being a small business.

22. Thanks for the tips. I am going to launch my own facebook fan page and these suggestions will definitely help me a lot in that.

23. great list of sample fan pages and really well research post. thanks for this inspirational list

Comment Policy:

Please join the conversation! We like long and thoughtful communication. Abrupt comments and gibberish will not be approved. Please, only use your real name, not your business name or keywords. We rarely allow links in your comment. Finally, please use your favorite personal social media profile for the website field.